Monday, September 04, 2006

Sode, Soda, Sonde – Sri Bhootaraja’s Sannidhana

Sri Vadiraja Matha, Sode



Soda/Sode/Sonda is a tiny hamlet in Sirsi Taluk, 17 kms off the town. This is the place chosen by Sri Vadiraja Swamy, pontiff of Vadiraja Math, one of the eight Udupi Ashta Matha’s.

Places to visit here:
Sri Rama Trivikrama Temple
Sri Bhootaraja Temple
Sri Vadiraja Brindavana(Samadhi)
Tapovana (Where Vadiraja Swami meditated)




There are many more places like Swarnavalli Matha, etc to visit, but I have seen only these. All the above three are located very close. The last two are in the same complex.

The temple rituals timings are:
Morning
8:30 Trivikram Devara Pooja
9:00 Vrindavan Pooja
10:00 Bhootarajar Pooja
11:45 Teertha Prasad(lunch)

Evening
6:30 Trivikrama Pooja
7:00 Vrindavan Pooja
7:45 Bhootarajar Pooja
8:15 Teerthaprasad (Dinner)

As this is a very small place, the make-shift hotels near by offer home made food and at their convenience. You might have to go and knock the door to checkout for cup of tea at odd hours.

The temple complex has Chatra /Retiring rooms for a nominal fee. Or one can stay at Sirsi and visit this place.

There are many private run buses from Bangalore to this place, as it’s of religious importance to the followers of Ashta Matha, and also the Swarnavalli Matha.

You want to relish the chirps of birds, lush green surroundings, peaceful atmosphere, just head to this place.

Labels: , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At January 7, 2008 at 12:47:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post on your blog. I had been to Sode last week and as earlier visit too, was a wonderful and momorable one. It is always wonderful to be there. I am writing this to leave a comment reg. 'Tapovana' which you could specifically add in 'places of interest' besides a few other, a few kilomts. away. Visiting Tapovana is a out of the world experience. It has rocks in between the river where Guru Vadirajaru performed tapas. I had the opportunity to stay in a bhakta's house there who told us a lot about the place. Cheers..Mahesh

 
At January 9, 2008 at 12:42:00 AM PST, Blogger Ashwini Bhat said...

Hello Mahesh,
Thanks a lot for the comment and the update. I will update the places to visit as you have mentioned.

Thanks,
Ashwini

 
At January 26, 2008 at 9:37:00 PM PST, Blogger Vijay N H said...

Hi Ashwini,
searched your blog thru Google as I wanted to see any site(s) designed for Sonda. Thanks for the info provided on this blog. I had been to this holy place couple of weeks back. I had hardly heard of this beautiful place before. In fact my parents are frequent visitors. I happened to visit this math my way to Karwar. It's truly amazing place to visit. Just wondering, I couldn't see a site designed on Sonda yet. I have decided to design a tiny site about the place, math and info about this holy place. I shall visit Sonda in couple of weeks to get more info and snaps. If you have any write up already, would be greatful if you could share with me.
Thanks
Vijay
Bangalore

 
At April 3, 2008 at 6:59:00 AM PDT, Blogger Ashwini Bhat said...

Hello Vijay,
Thanks for the comment.

Glad to know that you want to host a site on Sonda. I have pictures that I can share with you. Let me know if you need them.

Thanks and Regards,
Ashwini

 
At January 6, 2009 at 10:16:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent place. No words to say. If you want a place where you want peace, this is the right place to visit.

 
At June 27, 2009 at 5:52:00 AM PDT, Blogger N.Ramesh said...

great article Hats on

 
At June 27, 2009 at 5:54:00 AM PDT, Anonymous NRamesh said...

Great Article publish such more

 
At November 17, 2009 at 9:10:00 AM PST, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi. Ashwini,
Nice place to visit for mental peace. Very good information also..., thanks. Tapovana also is so nice place...

Thanks.
Muralidhar Naik - Dandeli.

 
At November 17, 2009 at 9:17:00 AM PST, Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Ashwini,
Nice artical & also very goos place to visit for mental peace. TAPOVANA is also a good place for dhyaana. I am having snaps. If required I will mail.

THANKS

Muralidhar Naik- Dandeli

 
At June 26, 2010 at 7:42:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
Request somebody to brief about the divine background about this place as i belive it is visited by large number of devotees.
Ram

 
At April 25, 2011 at 9:31:00 PM PDT, Anonymous >.v.Srinivasakumar said...

dear bhaktas
I am ardent devotee of sri. vadirajaru and bhootarajaru. I have composed about 300 songs on vadiraja and also few on bootaraja. totally my copositions on hari vau gurus & other dedidevatas may be around 600 songs . i have taken ankitha as mudduhayagriva. my first song was composed at the feet of vadiraja at sonde, who is my inspirationat sonda. I owe all the compositions to sri vairajagurusarvabhowmaru and bootarajaru and Rayaru and Vayudevaru and Sri hari, hayagriva devaru.

Regards


Srinivasa

 
At December 18, 2011 at 9:48:00 PM PST, Blogger kulkarni said...

very informative ashwini . thanks for sharing. I feel more people should share such wonderful experiences. I am looking forward to plan a trip to Swadi/Sonda . I also request all to join groups on FB like https://www.facebook.com/groups/262968280397776/ and share experiences.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home